Freitag, 9. Oktober 2009

Rajasthan

The most colourful State in India..a tailors dream..The state where every city has its own colours and fabrics are made, coloured and exported worldwide.
Before I got to Jaipur, I visited Fatepur Sikri; a city and a municipal board in Agra district in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The historical city was constructed by Mughal emperor Akbar beginning in 1570 and served as the empire's capital from 1571 until 1585. Though the court took 15 years to build, it was abandoned after only 14 years because the water supply was unable to sustain the growing population.The surviving palace and mosque are a tourist attraction and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The site itself is a ghost town.
My first city in Rajasthan was Jaipur which is the capital of this state and also called the pink city. Its much more sophisticated than the cities I have been to up to now..You can feel that people here have more money and are better off than other cities around in the states I have been to previously. Jaipur is the first planned city of India, located in the semi-desert lands of Rajasthan. The city which once had been the capital of the royalty now is the capital city of Rajasthan. The very structure of Jaipur resembles the taste of the Rajputs and the Royal families. At present, Jaipur is a major business centre with all requisites of a metropolitan city.
I stayed at a cute family run Guest House a little out of the main city centre which was really pleasant and I felt secure in this doubtful area (a few bad experiances made!!)I enjoyed fantastic Rajasthani food whilst staying here. Rajasthan is known for a little spicier cuisine compared to the other states which of course was a culinary delight for my spice loving tongue:)
Amongst all the other things I visited a tailor shop a little outter town where locals showed me how they produce all the beautiful quilts, beddings, saris, and and and! very impressive..Of course they were able to talk me in to having my own salwar kameez, a traditional dress worn by both women and men. I was very excited and it was done in no time and home delivered to my guest house(included in the price)..payed next to nothing for it!
Coughing trough monsoon filled, muddy, strongly polluted streets and the bad experiance walking home one night made things easy to move on for me..back to delhi trough some abandoned towns and cities..

2 Kommentare:

Ldff hat gesagt…

suuuuuper bilder, mega interessant... mol was anders ufd auge.. echt kuul... thumbs up mate.. :)

*+*Britt Shailaja*+* hat gesagt…

thanx brotherheart!!well imagine if I would of had YOUR Camera!!Things would look amazingly beautiful to ones eyes..thanks for being a good teacher in photography..I am loving my new skills and will not forget the polefilter and stativ next time,promise:P