Sonntag, 11. Oktober 2009

Himalayas

After having enough of the Indian Flatland, the pollution and strained nerves due to terrible noise, pushy and pungent locals(i know they just need to survive with doing a good salesmen job..)et cetera et cetera.., I decided to go up to the Himalayas with the next possible Bus I could get before turning totally loopy..I had originally planned to fly up to Srinagar which is in the state of Kashmir and stay on a Houseboat on Dal Lake..due to Bomb attacks the past days from the Pakistani(its very close to the pakistani boarder)and a bad feel about it, I changed plans. So I drove up to Dharamsala with a bus the next morning. To admit, buses arent appealing to me in europe but not my cup of tea in India at all..prefer trains ten times over a bus! The 12 or 13 Hours busride up to the Himalayas was very exhausting due to holding on to the window as the seat almost fell apart with every bump. Of course driving about 220 km/h didnt help, especially with dints in the streets or streets made of pebbles;) As usual I didnt have a plan where I was going to stay once getting there and I followed a reccomendation of an english guy(living in japan) to stay somewhere in upper bhagsu instead of McLeod Ganj if I wanted to enjoy peace and beauty, which I did so. The first night I found a little hotel in Bhagsu but didnt feel comfy at all..pretty spaced out..had bad dreams and bad energies around me plus there was people constantly stoned of mushrooms and other psychadellic drugs. So the next morning whilst exploring and hiking I found this cute, amazing little gueshouse run by a local family in between Dharamkot and upper Bhagsu..I feld at "home" immediatly and thats where I spent the next few Weeks:) This part of India is amazingly beautiful..I enjoyed it so much I didnt want to leave..even though experiancing the heaviest monsoon fall I ever have or could of imagined..but you know what, it didnt bother me at all! (well didnt make it easy at times because clothes etc never really dried properly)I enjoyed its beauty and energy..Also I got to k now the tibetan culture and people, as its the region where the tibetan refugees live. I was and am amazed and totally in love with the culture and their views! They is a tremendous difference between them and indians probarbly due to their religion. I couldnt belife how lovingly kind they are..and was impressed and felt honoured to learn more about Buddhism. Next to all the other amazing things I experianced I met some lovely people (locals and travellers)and found a Tibetan Master whom trained me to be a traditional tibetan massage therapist. I went to his Place every single day to learn..mostly by doing and him showing me as his english wanst all that fabulous! Very impressive!
All I can say is that I am totally IN LOVE with the Himalayas and know that I will go back there sometime soon to explore and get to know even more..as I have only, unfortunately, seen a tiny part of it! Its energy is AMAZING!!!!







1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Thats some seriously cool photos Britta! I love the photo with the cool coloured symbols on the rock, and the coloured washing up above. It looks very wett there by the way.

-Anne